Thursday, November 5, 2009

Visual Arts

Visual Arts Reflection 5:Reflect on what you have learned about visual arts elements and principles, analyzing the art of professional artists, and using children's picture book illustrators as an entrance to both understanding and making art. Please complete this reflection after we have had all of the student presentations in class.

I have learned that each illustrator has thier own specific way of doing their artwork. From materials they use, as well as colors, paper, sketches or painting. Eahc has their own unique style and form. It was awesome ot hear about different illustrators and look at their artwork in children's books during the class presentations. I don't think I will ever look at or read a children's book in the same way as I have before. I specificly love the use of color and shading in David Catro's work. I love seeing lots of color and I always look for it in my daily life. I think colors are wonderful and I believe they are vital to learning. Catro uses lots of colors and it's just fun to experience his work!

No comments:

Post a Comment