Thursday, September 24, 2009

Some thoughts...

Reflection 1
Think about what you have learned so far through reading, discussion and class activities and reflect on how your ideas might have changed, things you want to learn about teaching (with, in, about, through) the arts, and why they are important in the education of every child.

I have learned a great amount in the couple of days we've had in class and through the readings and everything we've done thus far in the sememster. I know that the arts play a huge role in the developing child and I think it's sad that it is being lessened in schools today. The class activities of immersing us into things have been great. I love learning by actually doing because it helps me remember the details more fully!
In some of the chapters where we read about the arts based schools, I thought were amazing because those students still learned everything. They were still learning the core curriculum and yet they were havin so much fun with it because of the arts! I think we can still include many art forms and ways of bringing art into the classroom again without having to be an arts based school. Kids love to do different things so why not work with them as we teach them?!
I love doing arts things in my everyday life. More color, more singing and dancing, more creativity and collaboration is the key! I believe that every child can reach a higher potential through the arts and there for learning in, about, throuh and with the arts is soooo important. I am way excited to be in this class to learn how to better my classroom by including the arts in everyday that I teach!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment