Monday, September 28, 2009

Drama

Reflection 2
Reflect on any new perspectives you have gained about using drama in your future classroom. Why and how do you think you will use drama techniques and strategies? What specific activities do you think you will use most as you begin teaching? What are your thoughts on integrating drama with other curricular areas?
Some of my new perspectives on using drama in the classroom are to have groups do a number of different activites. Like character panels, mini skits for different parts of a play or story. They could move around freely to music and act out how they think animals would behave and so forth. There is more than I thought you could do with drama!
I want to use some of these strategies in my classroom because we had fun participating and trying out new things ourselves, so of course children will love it. Drama makes things more meaningful and brings higher concentration with a low risk.
I want to use the character panel with stories and other literature. I thought that was a great way to get everyone involved and more engaged. I would also like to try out the story theater where each group acts out a story they read for the rest of the class.
I am excited to be able to work drama into other areas within the curriculum because it is fun and I don't want my students to be bored but rather remember what they are learning because we are doing something memorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment